What is SmartPost?
Our "Standard" shipping service uses SmartPost, a business partnership between FedEx and the U.S. Postal Service. FedEx picks up your package at our warehouse in North Carolina and delivers it to your local Post Office. Once there, your post office treats it just like any other package and your regular mail carrier delivers it right to your door.
Why choose SmartPost?
- At $3.99, SmartPost saves you money... and it's Free if you spend more than $75
- SmartPost is better for the environment since your mail carrier is driving to your house anyway, and there's no need for a second delivery truck
- SmartPost packages can be delivered to P.O. Boxes, Military bases (APO/FPO), or right to your front porch... and your mail carrier even delivers on Saturday!
What's the downside?
- If you buy a lot of stuff online, SmartPost is probably slower than what you're used to
- SmartPost packages are handled by two shipping carriers which increases the risk of mis-routing and delays
- The SmartPost tracking system sometimes shows a package as delivered even though it's still sitting at the post office
Still have questions?
- Call Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Eastern: 1-800-683-8353 or e-mail anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org