WF3CB Compatible Aqua-Fresh Refrigerator Water and Ice Filter
1 Filter $27.29
2 Filters Price: $26.29 each
3 Filters Price: $25.29 each
- Easy Installation
- Lasts 6 months or 300 gallons, whichever comes first
- 30 Day Limited Warranty
Why is my old water filter hard to get out? The O-ring seals have sealed tightly to the receiver or the received has warped with heat and age. This usually occurs in filters left in service for too long. Every seal in an Aqua Fresh filter is pre-lubricated to aid in installation.
Why is my new water filter hard to put in? The newer filters have tighter seals. You should push the filter firmly into the receiver and turn by hand. Do not use tools to install this filter. This will over-torque the filter and cause damage to the filter and the receiver. The filter should not be hard to turn. If the filter is hard to turn you may need to replace the receiver. Receivers can warp with time and heat.
Why are there black specks in the water or why does my water taste funny? Water filters are made from the purest carbon blocks. When the filter ships it bounces around and knocks carbon granules loose from the block. These little granules are called fines. All of the quality filters in the market place require a preliminary flushing to remove the fines. Some systems may need to be flushed more than once. This is especially true if you have limescale water. If you go on vacation and do not use your filtered water for several days, flush the system again to remove any stagnant water.
If I do not change my filter every 6 months, can this cause damage to the system? Yes. You must replace the filter every six months or whenever the filter light comes on (whichever comes first), or sooner if the water flow to dispenser or icemaker is reduces or if there is heavy sediment/rust present. Filters left in longer will fatigue and burst causing water damage. We recommend a water hammer arrestor be installed in any home that uses a refrigerator water filter.
What if a buy multiple filters at one time? We do not recommend multiple filter purchases, but if you do purchase more than one filter at a time you must note the following:
1. Water filters are a 6 month disposable product.
2. First filter must be installed within 30 days of purchase date.
3. Retain original purchase receipt for warranty purposes.
4. Write in permanent marker on each filter the install date.
5. When filter is changed write on the removal date.
6. Retain all filters until such time as all have been used and removed.
7. This is the only way to verify the age of the filter
What is water hammer? Water hammer is usually recognized by a banging noise that is heard when water valves are shut off. Although this is an easy way to recognize a problem, water hammer doesn't always make these telltale noises. Water hammer occurs when the flow of moving water is suddenly stopped by a closing valve. This sudden stop causes the whole column of water behind the valve to slam into the valve, and itself, like a freight train crashing into a wall. The tremendous spike of pressure that is causes, is called water hammer, and it not only acts like a tiny explosion inside pipes, it can be just as destructive.
How much damage can water hammer do? Uncontrolled water hammer on a water line of just 50 PSIG will commonly result in pressure spikes of 250 to 400 PSIG. This pressure spike is not just at the valve. It reverberates backwards from the valve throughout the plumbing system, rattling and shaking pipes until it is absorbed. If there are no measures taken to control it, water hammer will accelerate the failure of water filters, valves, backflow preventers, washing machines hoses, pipe, fittings, etc.
What types of valves can cause water hammer? Any quick-closing valve can cause water hammer. In residential systems, these valves are typically found at the washing machine, the dishwasher, tub/shower, and the icemaker at the refrigerator. Kitchen or lavatory faucets, toilet ball-cocks, and lawn sprinkler systems can also create the problem. Water hammer can occur on both hot and cold water systems.
Where can I get a water hammer arrestor? Any plumber can furnish and install a water arrestor or a DIY version is available from your local home store if you want to install the water hammer arrestor yourself.
|Used In Brands||Amana, Aqua Fresh, Frigidaire, Jenn-Air, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Maytag, Whirlpool|
|Actual Size (in)||9 inches (length) x 7 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||22.86 x 17.78|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
|Filter Life (gallons)||300|
|Filter Life (liters)||1135.62|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Operating Pressure (psi)||30 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||38 - 100|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||3.3 - 37.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||0.5|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||1.89271|
|Certifications||Independently Tested against NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Warranty Guarantee||Limited 30 Day Warranty|
The AQUA-FRESH-WFCB3 reduces the following contaminants:
- Chlorine Taste & Odor 2.0 mg/L +/-10%
- Rust and Corrosion
The AQUA-FRESH-WFCB3 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off the ice maker.
- Remove the filter by pushing on the end/face of the filter.
- Slide the old water filter straight out and discard it.
- Filter key should be in compressed position. When compressed, it will be the same height as the lower O-ring. If not, compress filter key by pushing down on both sides of the key unit it locks in position.
- Using the alignment guide, slide the new filter in and push it in until it bottoms out. Release pressure and the filter will lock-in place
Note: The filter head is spring-loaded so it will require more pressure to install than the OEM filter.
- Run the dispenser for several gallons to flush the system and purge any air out of the system. Some sputtering is normal.
- Turn on the ice maker.
- Press and hold the water filter button on the ice and water dispenser control panel for three seconds.
- When the display changes from red to green, the status has been reset.