Maytag UKF8001 PUR Refrigerator Ice and Water Filter
(Previously known as the PuriClean II UKF8001AXX)
Maytag UKF8001 Refrigerator Ice and Water Filter detail
does it remove?
should I change it?
The Maytag Refrigerator Ice and Water Filter UKF8001 - with PUR Water Filtration System fits refrigerators with a long, narrow filter that sits in a "trough" that swings down from the ceiling of the fridge.
- Amana/Maytag recently changed their part naming and numbering scheme
- This filter was previously known as the Amana/Maytag PuriClean II UKF8001AXX
The UKF8001 (previously called PuriClean 2 UKF8001AXX) removes the following impurities from your drinking water:
As with all built-in refrigerator water filters, the UKF8001 does not remove Fluoride
The UKF8001 filter is tested and certified by NSF International to meet or exceed NSF/ANSI Standards 42 & 53
The UKF8001 (previously called PuriClean II UKF8001AXX) water filter should be replaced every 6 months or when the "change filter" light comes on - whichever comes first.
Installing your new water filter:
- Unlatch the plastic filter cover, and let it swing down (so you can see the filter)
- Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counterclockwise
- Pull the filter straight out and discard (don't worry, the water will shut off automatically)
- Push the new filter into the fridge until it stops
- Twist the filter a quarter-turn clockwise
- Swing the plastic filter cover up until it snaps closed
- Reset your "change filter" light (if your fridge has one)
Resetting your "change filter" light:
- Press and hold the dispenser lock and auto light buttons on the dispenser (at the same time) for 4 seconds until the filter status indicator begins to flash, then release the buttons.
- Press the dispenser lock and water buttons for 4 seconds until the filter status indicator begins to flash, then release the buttons.
883049139807Country of Origin