GE GXRLQ SmartWater Inline Filter System
does it remove?
should I change it?
The GE SmartWater GXRLQ filter kit can be used on any brand of refrigerator with an icemaker and/or water dispenser.
- Easy do-it-yourself installation
- Works with copper or plastic tubing
- Built-in automatic shut-off valve for drip-free filter changes
- Removes as many impurities as the best built-in refrigerator filters
- Compact design fits in tight spaces (installed dimensions: 2.5 inches x 2.5 inches x 10 inches high)
Installing the GXRLQ is simple... you definitely won't need a plumber:
- Shut off the water supply to your refrigerator
- Attach the manifold to the back of your refrigerator or a nearby wall
- Cut the 1/4 inch plastic or copper water supply line
- Plug the cut ends of supply line into the manifold
- Screw in a replacement filter
- Turn on the water, and you're done
Still not convinced, take a look at some real life installation photos.
- Tube cutter (if you have copper tubing)
- Utility knife, or even a razor blade (if you have plastic tubing)
- Phillips screwdriver
- Ruler or tape measure
- Pencil, pen, or marker
- It's nice to have a bucket to catch the small amount of water that comes out of the tubing when you cut it.
- If you install the filter system behind your refrigerator, you'll need about 3 inches of clearance between the fridge and the wall.
The GXRLQ kit includes:
- Filter cartridge
- Mounting screw
- Mounting tape
- Tube locking clips
- Instruction manual
The GXRLQ Filter System removes the following impurities from your drinking water:
The GXRLQ does not remove Fluoride
This filter system is tested and certified by NSF International to meet or exceed NSF/ANSI Standards 42 & 53
The GXRLQR filter cartridge should be replaced:
- Every 6 months or
- If the refrigerator has not been used for more than two weeks (for instance, during an extended vacation) or
- If you notice a decrease in the flow of water or objectionable tastes in the water or ice
084691805885Country of Origin