3M Ultra Clean Air Purifier FAP02-RS
Want to see a
How often should
I change the filter?
From the most trusted brand in residential air filtration, the 3M Filtrete FAP02-RS Ultra Clean Air Purifier circulates air more efficiently, is less expensive, and is far quieter than a typical noisy HEPA filtration system.
And, like all 3M Filtrete air filters, the FAPF02 replacement filter contains thousands of electrostatically-charged fibers that capture particles as small as 0.1 micron - that's 0.000004 inches!
Key Features & Benefits:
- With its streamlined design & quiet operation, the 3M Filtrete purifier blends easily into any decor
- Cleans up to 160 square feet (16' x 10') so it's perfect for the bedroom or home office
- Designed with a 3-speed fan for flexible operation
- 30% more air circulation & 41% higher pollen capture rate than a HEPA purifier in the same size room
- Built-in state-of-the-art Filter Life Analyzer means you'll never have to guess when it's time to change the filter
- Unlike competitors, 3M Filtrete purifiers clean the air without generating ozone - which is ineffective and toxic according to the EPA
- The 3M FAP02-RS carries the highest combined Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) in its class:
- Tobacco smoke: 103
- Dust: 128
- Pollen: 149
The Filtrete FAP02-RS Air Purifier with FAPF02 replacement filter captures 99.9% of the following airborne allergens:
The FAP02-RS / FAPF02 also captures particles like:
Purifier Dimensions: 15.5 inches wide x 7.5 inches thick x 22 inches high
Package contains one purifier and one filter
You've read about it, now see the 3M Filtrete Ultra Clean Air Purifier in action...
Unlike simple timers and ineffective conventional filter life indicators, the Filtrete FAP02-RS Ultra Clean Air Purifier is equipped with a state-of-the-art filter life analyzer that constantly measures the amount of particles captured by the filter.
In a typical room, an air purifier filter will become completely clogged with tiny particles of dust, pollen, mold, etc. after 2-3 months of use. 3M recommends that you change the filter at least every 90 days, or when the filter change indicator is red - whichever comes first.
How do I know when to change my Filtrete Air Purifier filter?
- Set the fan at it's highest speed
- The Yellow, Green, and Red lights in the center of the speed control knob will flash for 10 seconds as the filter life analyzer measures the quantity of particles in the filter
- After 10 seconds, one of the three lights will stay on...
- A green light means the filter is good
- A yellow light means the filter has only 20% life remaining - time to order a replacement filter
- A red light means the filter should be changed immediately
How do I remove the used filter and install a replacement filter?
- Pull the top of the front cover staight out until it releases from the air purifier - and set it aside
- Remove the used air filter and discard
- Press the filter change button for 3 seconds to reset (the air purifier must be plugged in)
- Remove the plastic wrap & paper insert from the new replacement air filter
- Place the bottom edge of the replacement filter into the filter slot (be sure the arrow is pointing toward the air purifier)
- Push the top of the new filter into the air purifier until it clears the plastic holding lip
- Replace the front cover