- How much do you charge for shipping?
- When will my order ship?
- How will I know when my order has shipped?
- What if I get the wrong filter?
- How do I know I'm ordering the right filter for my fridge?
- Is it easy to change one of these filters?
- Do these filters have an expiration date?
- How do I know if my fridge has a built-in filter?
- How do I reset my filter change indicator light?
- Do I need to lubricate the gaskets on my filter?
- How tightly should I tighten the filter?
- Do you make house calls?
- What's a Cyst?
- Do you carry the colored plastic or metal endcap that covers the filter in my grill?
- Do you offer discounts on large orders?
- Atrazine, Ethylbenzene, Lindane... what are they, and why shouldn't I be drinking them?
- How can I check the status of my order?
- Can I recycle my water filter?
1. How much do you charge for shipping? Back to Top
Standard Shipping is FREE to all 50 U.S. states for any order over $75, and only $3.99 for orders under $75. See our shipping info page for more details.
2. When will my order ship? Back to Top
All orders placed by 1 p.m. Eastern time (mon-fri) are shipped the same day. Orders placed after 1 p.m. are shipped the following weekday.
For more details, see our shipping map.
3. How will I know when my order has shipped? Back to Top
After you place your order, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with directions on how to check the status of your order. You will receive another e-mail after your order has shipped.
4. What if I get the wrong filter? Back to Top
If we send you a different filter from the one you ordered, or if an error on our site caused you to order the wrong filter we will gladly accept the filter for a full refund including shipping. See our return policy for more details. If you have any doubt about which filter fits your fridge, send us an e-mail and we'll look it up for you. Please tell us the brand, model number of the fridge or filter, and the location of the filter.
5. How do I know I'm ordering the right filter for my fridge? Back to Top
Our pictures and descriptions should help you identify your filter, but if you have any doubt please give us a call at 1-800-683-8353 between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm CST, Mon-Fri. If it's after hours, or on the weekend, please send us an e-mail and we'll make sure you pick the right filter.
6. Is it easy to change one of these filters? Back to Top
Yes. All of these filters can be changed by the average homeowner. Instructions are included with each filter, but you probably won't even need them. There are one or two filters that are a little tricky to change - we send an extra instruction sheet with these filters. You can always contact us for help if you have trouble.
7. Do these filters have an expiration date? Back to Top
No. All of the filters we sell can sit on your shelf until you need them.
For that reason, it makes sense to "buy in bulk" since you pay less money for each filter, and we pay the shipping charges.
8. How do I know if my fridge has a built-in filter? Back to Top
Fridges with built-in water filters are usually side by side models with built-in ice and water dispensers. If you have a fridge like this then you should look for the filter in one of three places.
- Inside the refrigerator compartment hanging down from the top of the fridge. Look for cylinder shaped plastic or metal canisters.
- Inside the refrigerator compartment, some filters slide out or drop down from the ceiling of the fridge.
- Located in the grille at the bottom front of the refrigerator.
9. How do I reset my filter change indicator light? Back to Top
If your refrigerator has an indicator that tells you when to change the filter, it needs to be reset when you replace the filter. Each manufacturer has different instructions for resetting the indicator.
- Amana - press and hold the dispenser lock and auto light buttons on the dispenser (at the same time) for 4 seconds until the filter status indicator begins to flash, then release the buttons. On some Amana fridges you need to press the dispenser lock and water buttons for 4 seconds until the filter status indicator begins to flash, then release the buttons.
- Frigidaire - press and hold the reset button on the dispenser until the green light flashes (up to 15 seconds).
- GE and Hotpoint - press and hold the reset water filter button on the dispenser for 3 seconds.
- Maytag and Jenn-Air - press and hold the lock and light buttons (lock and water on newer fridges) on the dispenser for about 4 seconds, until the indicator light blinks.
- Whirlpool and KitchenAid - press the light switch 5 times within 10 seconds. If the fridge has a filter button, press and hold it for 5-10 seconds.
- Samsung - press the ice type and child lock buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- Note: Hold the buttons for only 3 seconds. If you press these 2 buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds, the reset function ceases. Release the buttons and repeat the same step one more time. The water filter indicator light should turn green.
- LG - press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds.
- Kenmore - Kenmore refrigerators are made by a number of different manufacturers, so please refer to our Kenmore Section to see which manufacturer made your refrigerator, then follow the directions listed above.
10. Do I need to lubricate the gaskets on my filter? Back to Top
Most of the water filters don't need any lubrication. One of the older Frigidaire models contains an o-ring for which lubrication is helpful. A small amount of vegetable oil applied to the O-ring will ease installation and removal of the filter.
11. How tightly should I tighten the filter? Back to Top
All of the filters will hit a stop when they are fully tightened. As long as you install them by hand (not using tools) you will feel the filter hit the stop and know that it is properly installed. Most of the filters only require a quarter to a half turn to tighten.
12. Do you make house calls? Back to Top
Unfortunately we are unable to make house calls - but trust us, these filters are easy to install. If you do run into trouble installing one of these filters we'll talk you though it. Just give us a call at 1-800-683-8353 between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm CST, Mon-Fri. If it's after hours, or on the weekend, please send us an e-mail.
13. What's a Cyst? Back to Top
A cyst is the survivable form that parasites take on when they leave the host (you, me, your dog, etc...). The parasite goes dormant and grows a thick covering like an egg which allows it to survive in water or soil for long periods of time, and even allows it to survive the chlorine-based disinfectants typically used by the water treatment industry. The most common types of cyst that cause disease in humans are Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
These intestinal parasite cysts "hatch" when ingested by humans and cause intestinal disease. The diseases are not life threatening if treated, but can be dangerous to people with weakened immune systems.
- abdominal cramping
- loss of appetite
14. Do you carry the colored plastic or metal endcap that covers the filter in my grill? Back to Top
The cap you are referring to covers the end of the filters located in the base grill of some Whirlpool, KitchenAid, and Kenmore refrigerators. The cap is not permanently connected to the filter so you don't need to buy a new one. When you remove the old filter, simply pull the cap off and put it on the new filter.
15. Do you offer discounts on large orders? Back to Top
Yes. If you spend more than $500, we'll give you an additional 10% discount.
Just type bulkorder in the "Coupon Code / Promotional Code" section while you are checking out.
Here's what it will look like when you type it on the "Payment" page during checkout...
16. Atrazine, Ethylbenzene, Lindane... what are they, and why shouldn't I be drinking them? Back to Top
The filters we sell are certified to remove many different contaminants. To learn more, take a look at our Drinking Water Contaminant Glossary.
17. How can I check the status of my order? Back to Top
If you gave us your email address during checkout, you should have received an order confirmation email when your order was placed & package tracking email when your order was shipped. If you didn't receive these emails, your spam or junk mail filter may have blocked them. Please look for them in your junk or spam email folders - most email systems hold these messages in "quarantine" for at least a few weeks.
If you don't find the order confirmation or package tracking emails, please send us an email and we'll respond with your order status within 24 hours.
And if you didn't give us your email address when you placed your order, please give us a call at 1-800-683-8353, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, EST.
18. Can I recycle my water filter? Back to Top
We are not aware of any fridge manufacturer-supported recycling program. Dispose of your old filter just like you would a dirty air filter.